Monday, August 16, 2010

Alice in the Wonderland



I just can't escape making cakes! So it's about time I share a very original piece-- an Alice in the Wonderland wedding cake. This piece wasn't actually my idea. I found a picture online of a real wedding cake like this! Click here for the picture of the actual cake (all credit to bride.ca).

This particular cake took me hours to complete! I did not know the dimensions of the actual cake, so I had to estimate and reduce it to 1/12 scale. Then I had to start making the layers and adding details as I went along. The macaroons along the bottom layer and on the the middle layers took ages! I have never ever been so happy to complete something. After baking it, I had to add the final touches (that was my favorite part and the easiest too).


I am not huge on the color pink, but I do have my "moments." One of those moments is right now. I really do like the pink theme of this cake! But I wouldn't care for it as my own wedding cake.

Today was my first day of school. Over the summer, I have forgotten what it's like! It is refreshing to have a break and start all over again though. What I dislike the most is that it has really cut into my mini-making time and will continue to do so even more as the year goes on. But it is not stopping me from crafting-- no way! My time is just more limited now. The weekend is going to be my best friend again!


Enjoy the very unique cake!



The picture on the front of the miniature cake is the very same as on the real cake.





3 comments:

  1. Enhorabuena!!!!
    He visto a de verdad y te ha quedado igual, me encanta!!!!
    Un precioso trabajo, el color lo has sabido conseguir, enhorabuena.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your SOO great! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love it. The sizes the shapes, you made it almost the exactly the same as the real one!

    ReplyDelete