Monday, August 29, 2011

Garden Tomatoes

Some time ago, I began experimenting on tomatoes. The process was fun, but being the perfectionist that I am, it was time consuming. I am not a huge tomato fan in "real life," maybe a slice or two on my sandwich. But I'll admit that tomatoes are another food that I like creating in miniature.

I also created a pair of tomato earrings, which I coated with a thin layer of glaze. The loose 1:12 scale tomatoes (shown in the first picture below) aren't glazed, but I can't decide if I should apply glaze or not. What do you think? I need help deciding if glaze is a little too much for little tomatoes or not. :)


1:12 scale tomatoes (without glaze)


Tomato earrings (with glaze)

4 comments:

  1. I would say glaze all of them :) The glaze makes them look more realistic - real tomatoes are not matte, they're shiny! That just sums up how I use glaze on my own creations... I only glaze the parts that would be shiny on the genuine article, I find it adds to the realism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :) tomatoes aren't matte in real life, the glaze makes em look more real. (im actually eating a tomato now :D )

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I think those look just as good as the ones from our garden. Did you know tomatoes are fruit? It's because of their seeds for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be suggested this blog by means of my cousin.
    I am not sure whether or not this put up is
    written by means of him as nobody else recognize such unique about my problem.
    You are wonderful! Thank you!

    My web page::; 강남안마

    (freaky)

    ReplyDelete