Friday, September 14, 2012

Back to Prep Boards

Some time ago, I was commissioned to make a "cake pop prep board."  Well, until then, I had never heard of a cake pop before... if you haven't either (and if you're as curious as I was about cake pops), I explain the steps involved to make real cake pops in the captions below the pictures.  Note, however, that I have never made cake pops in real life, so my explanations might be faulty! ;)  It definitely turned out to make a unique prep board!

The prep board from a side angle!


Bake a cake and crumble the pieces using your hands.


Mix the crumbled cake bits with icing.  Roll into balls.
Insert (pop/sucker) sticks into cake balls.  Next, dip your pops into a bowl of frosting.
Leave to dry.  Drop a few purple speckles on top, if you want! 
And you're done!

7 comments:

  1. Bridget, this is a fantastic little scene with a bonus "recipe".
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget your work is coming along so nicely, the watermelons and peaches and bananas, now this little prep board is lovely...simply lovely. The chocolate cake looks so delicious! I love the mold pattern you used for it.

    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. This is a wonderful idea. I love it in 1:1 also.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
  4. This prep board is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing this with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for making it for me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this web site,
    because i want enjoyment, for the reason that this this
    web page conations really nice funny data too.

    Feel free to visit my blog - 오피

    (freaky)

    ReplyDelete